Developing: After 23 years on the air, the FOX Network has canceled John Walsh’s crime program “America’s Most Wanted.”
A FOX Network executive confirmed the news during a conference call with entertainment reporters Monday morning, citing “economic reasons” as the cause behind the show’s cancellation.
The show was temporarily canceled in 1996 while FOX experimented with an all-comedy lineup on Saturday evenings. The series was brought back to FOX after overwhelming fan demand.
The show was the first hit for the budding FOX group in the late 1980s and became the longest-running series on the network. Weekly profiles of criminals on the show have led to over 1,100 captures.
America’s Most Wanted will continue on FOX as quarterly specials only, with encores of other FOX shows airing in its 9pm time slot starting next season. [TVLine]
24 Notes/ Hide
- sneakysmiles reblogged this from matthewkeys and added:
- desireshatteredmirrors likes this
- jasminemcatee likes this
- squirtsquirtsquirtle likes this
- hairtrending likes this
- verymuch reblogged this from shortformblog
- treatyoselfartie likes this
- treatyoselfartie reblogged this from shortformblog and added:
- therodentqueen likes this
- diegueno reblogged this from matthewkeys and added:
- colonel--dog reblogged this from shortformblog
- mindysuuuprise reblogged this from shortformblog and added:
- mindysuuuprise likes this
- monicaisamiranda likes this
- shortformblog reblogged this from matthewkeys and added:
- quickhits likes this
- matthewkeys posted this